This post may include affiliate links, which means I make a commission on purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! !
Papi Chulo started asking if I could make black bean hummus sometime around Thanksgiving. I told him I could and would, but it simply never happened until last Friday. Saturday morning found him snacking on this hummus with pita chips at 9:30, which seemed, to me, a little early for something savory. He enjoyed it, though, so I’m not complaining!
I think the hummus tastes great on red bell pepper slices, but I guess I’m softhearted because I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy too many slices. Red bell pepper is our guinea pig’s absolute favorite snack and I like to keep some on hand for her!
This hummus is super easy to make. Basically you just combine the ingredients in a food processor! It will, however, taste far better if you allow it to sit in the fridge for at least one hour before serving it. This allows the flavors to meld and yields an even tastier result!
Black bean hummus recipe
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until you're satisfied. I prefer small pieces of black bean rather than a total puree, but the choice is yours!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Depending on how well-drained your beans were, you may end up wanting to add a little extra olive oil. Just add a little at a time until you’re satisfied with the texture!
What’s your favorite flavor of hummus?
- Chocolate Coffee Clusters with Honey Caramel Sauce My husband has been obsessed with chocolate coffee beans ever since we visited the Mountain Thunder coffee plantain on the ...
- Salted Lime Mexican-Inspired Roasted Onions As a lot of you already know, Papi Chulo is not a big onion person. Even when enjoying his beloved ...
- Mocha Oatmeal Veggie Smoothie with Espresso (No Added Sweeteners!) After talking about purchasing a blender for over half a year, we finally decided to get one last weekend. Ultimately, ...
- Homemade Shaving Cream Recipe Men need homemade gifts, too! I already shared a unisex lotion bar recipe, so this week I thought I’d continue ...