This post may include affiliate links, which means I make a commission on purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! !
With a name like “double chocolate brownie batter,” how on earth could this be even remotely healthy?
A sneaky little secret ingredient I’ve used to thicken soups without the cream – beans.
Yep, beans. In the dessert dip. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it’s delicious. And it is a secret ingredient – I fed this dip to some unsuspecting people and they thought it was delicious! No one said “Is there something different about this?” or “Why does this taste like beans?”No one. They dug right in, thinking it was some sort of decadent treat. Success!
I hope you enjoy this healthy double chocolate brownie batter dessert dip as much as my taste testers!
If you want to make this dip even healthier, skip the chocolate chips or sub in cacao nibs.
Healthy double chocolate dessert dip with beans
I like this dip with pretzels, but it also goes well with graham crackers, apple slices, or a spoon. Clearly it isn’t calorie free – beans do have calories, but they’re very different from the senseless calories offered by cream cheese and butter in usual dessert dips. Cannellini beans have lots of fiber, loads of protein, iron, magnesium, and a serving has nearly half your day’s Vitamin B1! Now that’s a dessert dip you can feel good about. =)
- 1 can of cannellini beans (or other white beans, if you have a favorite)
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder - I prefer Hershey's Special Dark
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 4-6 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- ¼-1/2 a cup of chocolate chips, for topping - Once again, I recommend Hershey's Special Dark!
- Rinse the beans very well and drain them.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and thoroughly combine. I recommend starting with 4 tablespoons of almond milk and adding more, as necessary, to thin the dip down a bit.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to meld, or just dive right in!
- Stir in ¼ C - ½ C of chocolate chips or top the dip with chocolate chips.
Seriously, if you don’t tell your family this is healthy, they will absolutely never guess!
Looking at these photos makes me want to whip up another batch of this dessert dip right now!
If you like the idea of healthier dessert dips, check out this chocolate chip heath bar dip that’s also made with beans!
Both dessert dips would be so delicious on these homemade “graham” crackers. They’re healthier, too, and made with Greek yogurt!
If you like the looks of this brownie batter dessert dip, you’ll also love this avocado superfood chocolate pudding!
Have you tried any desserts with beans yet? I still haven’t gotten around to making black bean brownies!
- Slow Cooker Lechon Asado with Pork Tenderloin Let me begin by admitting that nothing can truly compare to slow-roasting a pork shoulder or whole hog, but sometimes ...
- Orange Creamsicle Protein Gelatin Squares – Easy Workout Snack Recipe This recipe is easy, but it’s tasty and makes a fantastic pre/post/mid workout snack. Or, really, just an anytime snack! ...
- Homemade Cinnamon Honey “Graham” Crackers with Greek Yogurt Recipe We tend to do our grocery shopping on Friday night. It sounds strange, but it’s a time that works for us ...
- Black Bean Sweet Pepper Salad We’re getting married in less than a month and I’m trying to figure out what to serve! Yes, I’m crazy ...