This post may include affiliate links, which means I make a commission on purchased made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! !
Today’s tutorial shows you how to make a manifestation box (or wish, prayer, or gratitude box!), but really you could use the box for anything. It’s an inexpensive box from the craft store decorated with watercolors because, well, I love watercolors! It’s so pretty and easy to customize – I hope you enjoy!
I decided to turn my watercolor wood box into a manifestation & gratitude box because I am such a huge believer in the power of the human mind. I mean huge, big time believer! After all, I had a completely comfortable, non-medicated birthing time using Hypnobabies. How could I not believe in the mind’s power? In addition to working with my Hypnobabies program, I also followed an affirmation ritual where I repeatedly expressed my gratitude for my easy, natural birth. I’ve used this same process a handful of other times in the past couple of years and it’s worked wonders.
Whether or not you believe in the Law of Attraction as an actual universal “law,” it’s quite easy to see that what you focus on grows and that you are more likely to receive what you expect. (If you want to know more about this, I recommend you check out Martin Seligman’s research and books! Learned Optimism is a great place to start.) I think Dr. Wayne Dyer summed it up fairly well:
“If you’re not happy with what you have, then why would you want more?”
If you need some powerful manifestation help and are willing to commit time to your manifestations, look into a Freedom Mastery Law of Attraction Planner.
- INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY AND HAPPINESS BY 300% - Help you become much more productive by teaching you how to focus only on your top priorities and delegate the rest. So you can achieve more and...
- ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS AND IMPROVE TIME MANAGEMENT - Learn How To Set Big Goals and achieve them by improving your time management - Follow the same methods millionaires and billionaires around the world...
- THIS IS A DELUXE DAILY PLANNER showing you how to become the best possible version of yourself on a mental, physical & interpersonal level. It's the only diary of its kind, and its design is based on...
Materials for making a manifestation box
- A wood box! I used a laser cut basswood box from Hobby Lobby. Make sure that your box is something like basswood with large pores and that it isn’t finished or sanded too smooth. I’ve tried to watercolor a sanded pine board before and it did not go well at all!
- Watercolor paints. I used a light blue and a lovely purple (both are from the Prima The Classics palette).
- A watercolor paintbrush
- Paper towels
- A paint pen or marker
- Decorative paper, pencil, scissors, and glue, if your box is laser cut
How to make a watercolor manifestation box
Well, quite simply, paint your box! As I said above, I used a combination of blue and purple. I allowed the colors to mix and mingle in some places, but left them pure in others. When you’re painting on wood, make sure to mix the paints up so they’re nice and thick because they’ll soak in a bit. I mixed the paints to about the same concentration as the very first line in each swatch in this watercolor transparency swatch class.
After my paint was dry, I cut a piece of paper down to size and glued it inside the box’s lid for a lovely contrast. And that’s it! For a more detailed look at the process, please watch this video:
To use your lovely new watercolored wood box for manifestation, gratitude, prayers, or wishes, prepare slips of paper to write on.
I find it really helps to cut up a nicer piece of paper instead of just notebook paper because it makes the process feel more special!
Record your desires or what you’re thankful for and tuck them away in your box. You can take them out from time to time (some people like to review their gratitudes and affirmations each morning or night) and read them to increase and focus your positive energy!
Whenever you’re writing down things you’d like to manifest, it’s very important to “live as if.” Write them in a positive way as if they’ve already happened!
If you’re having trouble with affirmations, check out this complete guide to writing positive affirmations that work.
Have you ever used a manifestation or wish box?
- DIY Kraken Necklace for Halloween – Polymer Clay Octopus Necklace Tutorial For the past couple of months, my husband has been very interested in “tako hunting,” otherwise known as fishing for …
- DIY Felt Appliqué Heart Hand Warmers (with Essential Oils!) Please note: if you found this post because you were searching for printable heart templates, you may want to visit …
- Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
Since I’m back to publishing recipes (hooray!) and Thanksgiving is almost here, it’s the perfect time to celebrate …
- How to Make a Paper Flower Pomander/Kissing Ball – DIY Wedding Tutorial I can’t believe tomorrow is our two month anniversary! It really doesn’t seem that long ago. (Especially because we had …