Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who “we” are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and first name when voluntarily provided for comments or subscription to email newsletters
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers as specifically requested with express consent
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. At this time, no more than two emails are sent a month.
- IP addresses are logged in order to help prevent unauthorized access to The Artisan Life and prevent spam comments. This improves security and user experience for all blog readers.
- Email addresses provided with comments are not displayed publicly or used for contact purposes except for comment reply notifications, if the user elects to receive notifications. Providing an email address with comments is completely optional.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service, Akismet.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. Ever. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. The email service used, ConvertKit, is GDPR compliant and provides easy opt out choices if you ever want to unsubscribe.
Additional aps, plugins, and services used
Google Analytics Provider: Google inc. Purpose: Analytics Personal Data collected: Cookies, Usage data
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Pinterest Pin-It Provider: Pinterest Purpose: Interaction with external social networks and platforms Personal Data collected: Cookies, Usage data.
The Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Pinterest platform provided by Pinterest Inc.
Clever Pixel Provider: Clever Purpose: Determine blog traffic levels Personal Data Collected: ISP address.
- The data we collect from the Pixel is never used to identify individual people, nor combined with other data for that purpose
- Pixel data is aggregated and only used to determine blog traffic levels
- We meet the GDPR requirements for anonymizing and/or psuedonymizing Pixel data both in use and in archives
- CLEVER does not share any IP address data collected from the Pixel with any outside entity
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All Artisan Life posts and pages use SSL/https for your protection.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies may also be used when a user opts to not see a popup on future visits or to prevent repeat viewers from seeing the same popup time and again.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also delete cookies at any time in your browser settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosure, copyright, and affiliates
Links to products within posts and on social media pages may be paid affiliate links. Affiliate programs used include, but are not necessarily limited to, Amazon, Craftsy, Willowing, and Knitpicks. When you make a purchase using one of these links, The Artisan Life receives a small commission at no additional cost to you.
All content and images are the sole property of The Artisan Life, all rights reserved. You may share one image and a link to the original post on another website.
All printable products and digital products, whether offered free or for purchase, are intended for individual use and may not be shared by emailing or transferring files, posting in a forum or other website, commercial use, or any other means of replication without express permission. Please contact me at natashalh(at)stalkingthewildsnark(dot)com if you would like to seek permission for sharing.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. You may also contact us to request that your information be deleted or amended. Please direct all such requests to natashalh(at)stalkingthewildsnark(dot)com.